Welcome back to day four of our goal-setting series. This is based off of Lara Casey’s 5-day goal-setting series on her blog. We started the series Monday, so don't feel like you're too far behind. You can check out part 1 here, part 2 here, and part 3 here!
Step 1: Think about the life you want to live. Think about how you want to feel at the end of 2018 and at the end of your life.
What are you saying NO to?
· Endless social media scrolling
· Hoarding stuff
· Useless purchases
· Mindless spending
· Adding stuff to my plate that don’t fit in with my vision, goals, and priorities
· More STUFF
· Saying yes when I want to say NO.
· Allowing word stress to have such a negative effect on my life.
· Taking in the work that other people should be doing… (Specifically at work…)
· Trying to control stuff
· Surrounding myself with people and things that drain me.
What are you saying YES to?
· The fruits of the Spirit
· Bible reading
· Book reading
· Date nights <3
· Surrounding myself with people who CELEBRATE me and pour into me
· My PASSION and PURPOSE
· Strong and steadfast FAITH
· Financial literacy
· A slower pace
· Our family vision
· Saying NO more!
Step 2: What excites you? (This may sound strange, but I’ve learned how important it is to do what excites you. We have to create opportunities for these moments in our life!). A few of mine are…
· Spending time with my husband
· A good book
· An inspiring conversation
· Serving others
· Having fun with my family
· Getting a mani and pedi
· Madison and Malachi (my niece and nephew)
· Encouraging others
· The beach
· Green smoothies
· Meditating on God’s faithfulness
· Discovering new places and things
· Organizing and planning
Step 3: What is your definition of success based on where YOU want to be?
My definition of success is completing the work that God has called me to do in each role and area of my life. This includes fulfilling my purpose and living a God-honoring life. Success is also reaching my goals and pursuing the vision God has for me. Living m BEST life and staying focused on what I’m called to do is critical to success.
That’s it for today! I hope this part is fun for you as it was for me! See you tomorrow for the last part of our goal-setting series!